Graphic: What Do I Need to Junk My Car?
Need cash now and want to sell your junk car? Click here to get an online quote now.

To sell your car in Phoenix, Mesa, or Tucson, call us now to first find out how much your car is worth and to learn about alternative ways to prove ownership.

Here’s what’s needed to sell a junk car to Sell Us Your Car.

#1 You Need the Title or Proof of Ownership

You need the title or a copy of the paperwork to show it’s your car. We may be able to buy your car with a bill of sale or similar form of proof of ownership.


#2 Seal the Deal

Once you decide on a price, we’ll help with the paperwork. And let you know what, if anything, is needed on your end.

#3 Wait for Pickup

Sell Us Your Car picks up junkers for free. Just let our dispatcher know when to schedule your pickup.


#4 Clean Out Your Stuff

Make sure you grab all your personal stuff from inside and the trunk. Don’t leave behind those school books or headphones!

#5 Grab the Plates

You can take the plates off if required to. Otherwise, we’ll dispose of them properly.

Neither in Arizona or California do you have to take your plates with you. Your regular, run-of-the-mill plates? They stick with the car when you hand over the keys. But if you’ve got those custom or fancy plates, they’re yours. So, when you sell, take ’em off and keep ’em with you.

#6 Drop the Insurance

Before saying goodbye, cancel its insurance. You don’t wanna get charged for a car you don’t have.

#7 Tell the DMV

Let the Department of Motor Vehicles (yeah, the DMV) know you junked your car. This keeps things clean on your end.

Arizona: ADOT Motor Vehicle Division Sold Notice – “Must be submitted within 10 days of sale/transfer of a vehicle. This notice protects the seller from liability for tickets, accidents, etc., that occur after the sale. To transfer ownership, the transfer information on the title must also be completed.”

California: State of California Department of Motor Vehicles Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability – “Sold your vehicle? Completing a Notice of Transfer and Release of Liability (NRL) lets DMV know that you are no longer responsible for parking/traffic violations or civil or criminal actions associated with the vehicle after the date of sale.”

#8 Keep Your Receipt

Hang onto any paperwork we give you, like a sale receipt. It shows you sold your car and aren’t on the hook for anything associated with it.